2 Days On Request
This CATIA V5 FEA course is based on the Generative Structural Analysis workbench functionality provided by the GPS, GAS products. Some advanced functionality provided by the EST (Elfini Structural Analysis) product may also be covered depending on customer requirements.
This course will start with a short, basic introduction to the “Finite Element Method” theory for linear static FEA and will continue with hands-on training in how to use the CATIA V5 Generative Structural Analysis workbench to analyse single parts, and assemblies.
For customers who have access to the EST product, this course can be extended for a 3rd day to cover more advanced topics provided by EST.
- Basic understanding of the finite element method for linear static analysis.
- Understand the limitations of the above-mentioned products for carrying out FEA
- Become familiar with the Generative Structural Analysis workbench interface.
- How and when to use 1D, 2D, 3D mesh elements.
- Tools and Techniques for preparing the model for FEA (de-featuring, creating restricted areas for applying boundary conditions).
- Define and Apply materials.
- Apply realistic boundary conditions.
- Apply Restraints.
- Apply Loads.
- Define Virtual Parts.
- Define Assembly Analysis Connections (including Face-to-Face Slider, Contact and Fastened, Bolt Tightening, Spot Welds, Seam Welds, Pressure Fitting, and others).
- Compute the analysis (includes some recommendations for machine specifications and setup).
- Create and modify analysis result Images (Deformation, Von Mises Stress, Displacement, Principle Stress, Precision)
- Techniques for interpreting the results for accuracy and quality.
- Manual and Automatic (Adaptive) mesh refinement.
- Create Reports.
Our Sales and Technical staff are available to discuss any requirement regarding our business offering, training, rental systems and support, please contact us on +44 (0) 1993 883555 or through the contact form below.