4 Days On Request
This CATIA V5 Electrical Harness Design & Documentation training course teaches you the complete electrical harness design and drafting workflow, from setting up the CATIA environment for electrical design work to detailed 3D harness design and drawing creation.
I recently attended a CATIA training course hosted by DTE. I found their instruction extremely thorough and helpful. DTE gave background information about the topics, as well as the content, which I found very useful for my understanding.
It was clear that DTE has great competency in this area, as well as having very good trainers, and as such I would have no issue with recommending them.
- Build and manage an electrical components catalogue.
- Define electrical behaviour on device models.
- Connect electrical devices within an assembly.
- Design the 3D harness bundle segments in the assembly context.
- Connect harness bundle segments to electrical components.
- Define and apply protective coverings to the harness bundle segments.
- Easily modify the harness routing by adding, removing, replacing routing points and harness support components.
- Understand & manage the links between the harness model and the parts to which it has been routed (assembly contextual links).
- Import electrical wiring schematic data form an external ECAD system.
- Synchronise the 3D harness model with the external ECAD data.
- Automatically route wires through the 3D harness based on the external ECAD data.
- Generate detailed reports for your harness such as bundle segment lists, routed wire lists (including complete wire lengths).
- Harness flattening to prepare for drawing creation.
- Detailed drawing creation for “form board” manufacturing or inspection purposes.
- Accelerate drawing creation by learning how to define intelligent text templates and electrical drafting catalogues.
- Introduction to defining “Generative View Styles” for customization of electrical drawing view creation.
Students attending this course should have knowledge of CATIA V5 (Foundation), Part Design, Assembly Design and Drafting workbenches. Prior knowledge of the Catalogue Editor would be advantageous but not essential.
DTE is a certified PLM Education partner to Dassault Systèmes.
This course is scheduled by arrangement and can be arranged for one-on-one training, group session, on-site or on-premise.
Call 01993 883555 and speak to our training administrator, or send us your request below, for more details.
Our Sales and Technical staff are available to discuss any requirement regarding our business offering, training, rental systems and support, please contact us on +44 (0) 1993 883555 or through the contact form below.