About the course
This Fundamental CATIA V5 Functional Molded Parts training course will teach you the FMP workbench to create molded parts using basic features and to finalize the part using additional dress-up features. You will also be taught the multi-body approach and will finally learn how to extract the cores and cavity from the final part.
What people say
“I recently attended a CATIA training course hosted by DTE. I found their instruction extremely thorough and helpful. DTE gave background information about the topics, as well as the content, which I found very useful for my understanding.
It was clear that DTE has great competency in this area, as well as having very good trainers, and as such I would have no issue with recommending them.”
- Create the main shapes of a molded part by defining the material added or removed from the part mold.
- Add functional features such as ribs or cutouts to the part.
- Finalise the molded part using feature modifiers such as fillets or patterns.
- Use the multi-body approach.
- Extract cores, cavities and other EDM inserts from the final part.
Students attending this course should have knowledge of CATIA V5 Foundation.
DTE is a certified and accredited PLM Education partner to Dassault Systèmes. NOTE: CATIA Training is offered in the United Kingdom only.
This course is scheduled by arrangement and can be arranged for one-on-one training, group session, on-site or on-premise. Call 01993 883555 and speak to our training administrator, or send us your request below, for more details.