About the course
This CATIA V5 Foundation training course introduces the trainee to the fundamental concepts behind Part Design, Assembly Design and Drafting. Suitable for the new user, self-taught engineers and users coming from other 3D CAD packages.
- Understand the Sketcher workbench and tools/commands
- Learn to create fundamental solid features – Pad, Pocket, Hole, Shaft, Groove, Shell
- Apply Dress-Up features – Fillet, Chamfers, Drafts and Stiffeners
- Understand the need for Reference Geometry and Axis Systems
- Introduction to Reusing Data – Feature Patterns, Power Copies
- Apply materials and measure components
- Create parameters and understand the formula editor
- Understand the basics of assemblies – Building product structure, move and constrain parts
- Introduction to designing in context
- Understand the basics of drafting – creating views, dimensioning and annotating
Book your seat
We have a few scheduled course dates available: 2-5 August; 13-16 September; 25-28 October; 6-9 December
Cost is per person for the 4 days training at our Oxfordshire offices.
This course can also be scheduled by arrangement for one-on-one training, group session, on-site or on-premise. Call 01993 883555 and speak to our training administrator, or send us your request.
NOTE: Classroom Training is offered in the United Kingdom only.