About the course
This CATIA V5 Foundation online training course introduces the trainee to the fundamental concepts behind Part Design, Assembly Design and Drafting. Suitable for the new user, self-taught engineers and users coming from other 3D CAD packages.
This is an online course with limited amount of places available. Cost is per person for 4 days training.
If required, temporary licences can be provided for the duration of the course.
You must have your own hardware suitable for running CATIA V5.
- Understand the Sketcher workbench and tools/commands
- Learn to create fundamental solid features – Pad, Pocket, Hole, Shaft, Groove, Shell
- Apply Dress-Up features – Fillet, Chamfers, Drafts and Stiffeners
- Understand the need for Reference Geometry and Axis Systems
- Introduction to Reusing Data – Feature Patterns, Power Copies
- Apply materials and measure components
- Create parameters and understand the formula editor
- Understand the basics of assemblies – Building product structure, move and constrain parts
- Introduction to designing in context
- Understand the basics of drafting – creating views, dimensioning and annotating
What people say
“We approached DTE, our valued Dassault Systemes CATIA supplier, on providing some very specific training. After a detailed telephone discussion, DTE put together an excellent three-day bespoke course that met all our business needs and more. Charlie Maguire, the course instructor, provided superb tuition, comprehensive course material and examples, and additionally took the time to assist in developing some solutions to our own company internal example models. If you need assistance with anything CATIA related, look no further than DTE. Their support and expertise are second to none.” Alex Groffman – Director Generative Parametrics
“I recently attended a CATIA training course hosted by DTE. I found their instruction extremely thorough and helpful. DTE gave background information about the topics, as well as the content, which I found very useful for my understanding.”
“It was clear that DTE has great competency in this area, as well as having very good trainers, and as such, I would have no issue with recommending them.”