About the course
This fundamental course will teach you how to create, share and manage CATIA designs using the On Cloud 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. This course is aimed at designers and will teach you how to create simple parts, assemblies and drawings. You will learn how to connect to the platform, manage your projects, search documents and share content along with knowledge or skills with other users. You will learn how to use different feature-based tools to build, review and modify a model. You will also learn how to create and analyse assemblies and how to produce a drawing with different views. Finally, you will learn how to dimension the drawing and annotate the views.
The course fee includes a 3 months’ full commercial licence to use CATIA on the Cloud together with support (10 hours) during this period.
- Install and connect your laptop to your On-Cloud presence
- Access your Dashboard
- Use the 6WTags for searching content
- Share various documents with other users through 3DSpace
- Use standard menus and commands
- Explain functionalities of various apps in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Import new data and export as 3DXML files
- Search for 3D data using different methods
- Explore and open 3D data
- Create a new CATIA PLM object
- Create and constrain 2D sketches
- Complete 3D model using features
- Review and edit features
- Create parameters and formulas in the 3D model
- Create a new product and add components to it
- Move components within a product by positioning them using assembly constraints
- Create simple projection views and section views of 3D parts
- Position the views on a drawing sheet
- Add dimensions and annotations to the views
- Finalise the drawing sheet by adding borders and title-block
DTE is a certified and accredited PLM Education partner to Dassault Systèmes.
This course can also be arranged on demand. Please call 01993 883555 and speak to our training administrator, or send us your request below.