DTE has announced the UK availability of MSC Apex, the latest release of MSC’s next-generation complete Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) platform. MSC Apex transforms the way engineers perform simulation by reducing critical CAE modelling and process time from days to hours. The platform delivers innovative technology that enables predictive product development in the earlier stages of design where it is critical in saving time and money.
“The patterns that were developed 30+ years ago for simulation have simply not evolved to keep pace with the tremendous challenges that industry faces today,” said Dominic Gallello, President & CEO of MSC Software. “We rethought the process, and have found many opportunities to deliver dramatic productivity improvements to engineers and analysts. Our team rearranged the way in which the components of geometry modelling, solving, and post processing relate to each other, moving away from a serial process to an interactively connected process based on new parts and assembly paradigm.”
Highlights of the MSC Apex platform include:
- MSC Apex is a built-from-the-ground up fully integrated and generative simulation environment. With a paradigm shift away from traditional pre-solve-post point solutions, users can leverage the same user experience to carry out end-to-end simulation workflows with full associativity between geometric and analysis data, including fully generative behaviour to ensure that all aspects of the model are consistent and up-to-date following design changes.
- MSC Apex is powered by a CAE specific direct modelling and meshing engine that accelerates the CAD to Mesh process by a factor of up to 50x. CAD geometry is not suitable for analysis and geometry repair/improve and meshing operations are tedious, error prone, and take too long. MSC Apex features a complete set of direct modelling tools to make geometry clean-up and idealisation steps fast and easy. These features provide dramatic productivity improvements for engineers.
- MSC Apex is enabled with integrated solver methods which allow the user to interactively validate parts and sub-subsystem models, yielding up to 10x productivity gains in model preparation. The traditional process for validating a Finite Element (FE) model is iterative and time-consuming involving repeatedly submitting jobs and interpreting solver cryptic warning/error messages. The generative behaviour of MSC Apex is fully leveraged to incrementally validate the evolving model and remove the many time-consuming iterations inherent in the old pre-solve-post paradigm.
- MSC Apex is the world’s first Computational Parts based CAE system, allowing individual users to incrementally run analysis of complex assemblies, enabling rapid trade studies and groups of users to exchange mathematical models in/through the supply chain without compromising Intellectual Property (IP).
- MSC Apex is a Parts & Assemblies Model Representation centric solution allowing supply chains to share a unique product structure while independently managing instances of parts, sub-systems, full assemblies, and their corresponding multi-fidelity behavioural representations. This enables each person in the overall product development workflow to finally have the right data.
- MSC Apex offers a unique, fun and easy-to-use experience making it possible for non-CAE experts to learn the software in a single day. This new user interface approach allows for a 10x reduction in tools. Built-in video tutorials, workflow instructions and at-mouse guidance make it easy for engineers to quickly learn and become productive at simulation.
- MSC Apex is complementary to Patran and MSC Nastran. With robust support for industry standard .bdf file import and export, MSC Apex makes for easy migration of data and smooths the integration of the product into existing tool chains such as those incorporating Patran and MSC Nastran.
For more information on this new platform call Lynsey Watts on 01993 885114.
Ready to find out more?
Our Sales and Technical staff are available to discuss any requirement regarding our business offering, training, rental systems and support, please contact us on +44 (0) 1993 883555 or through the contact form below.