Advanced NC post-processing solutions
ICAM has provided development and implementation to aerospace, automotive, medical, heavy equipment and electronic organisations with advanced NC post-processing solutions and machine tool simulationsolutions for over 40 years, helping to increase productivity and achieve greater manufacturing performance and precision.
ICAM’s product line includes…
- CAM-POST® – from simple 2 and 3 axis to complex multi-axis application CAM-POST is an NC post-processing development software compatible with all major CAD/CAM systems, machine tools and controllers.
- Virtual Machine® – graphical machine tool simulator depicting the operations and motions of CNC machines; thereby, allowing for the unique ability to detect and automatically correct collisions and over-travel block by block during post-processing.
- Control Emulator™ – software allowing NC programmers to verify and test NC programs using g-code inside Virtual Machine®
- SmartPATH® (patented) generates new optimized and efficient positioning tool-paths while avoiding over-travel and collisions. It also eliminates your time-consuming dependency on inefficient and unsafe RAPID or high-feed positioning motions generated by CAM systems.
- SmartCUT™ eliminates time wasting “air-cuts” by using material removal simulation to detect when the tool is not engaged with the material and moving at a cutting feed. Where feasible, SmartCUT will change these air-cut motions to RAPID or high-feed; thereby, significantly reducing machining cycle time.
- SmartFEED™ optimizes cutting feed-rates by using material removal simulation to automatically recalculate the best machining feed-rate based on the machine tool capabilities, tool reference cuts and the real-time engagement of the cutting tool in the in-process stock material.
- Control EmulatorTM (CE), is a software product allowing NC programmers to simulate and test NC programs using Machine Code Data (MCD) inside ICAM’s Virtual Machine and/or CATIA V5/DELMIA.
A new Dedicated 3 Axis Adaptive Milling Bundle, which includes ICAM’s SMARTPACK Technology, will allow companies who utilise 3 Axis Milling to have a bespoke dedicated Post Processor written for a Machine Tool with full Machining Simulation by the inclusion of the Controller Emulator, Material Removal and Virtual Machine and ARC Fitting licences from ICAM.
Custom NC Post-Processors and advanced machining productivity tools including High-Speed Machining, NURBS and Arc Fitting.
ICAM’s partial client list includes Airbus, Boeing, Triumph, Ferrari, Michelin, Rolls-Royce, Philips, GE and many more.
Be more active – optimise your machining processes
ICAM’s PSE Manufacturing solution is a powerful and flexible suite of software that can be utilised to create simple stand alone 2-axis post processors to complex and fully integrated post-processing and full machine simulation solutions. PSE is an acronym for ‘Post Processing, Simulation and Emulation’.
ICAM PSE can be integrated with the worlds’ leading CAD/CAM and PLM providers which provides a ‘one port of call’ for all post-processing and simulation requirements.
Desktop Engineering has concluded its annual BeyondBIM virtual event with a broad consensus that in the future the construction industry needs to grasp new technologies to drive improved processes, together with recognising the need to train in these new methods.
Since the start of the COVID-19 crisis companies in the aerospace design and manufacturing sector have been particularly affected by the economic impact of the disruption to worldwide economies. Some have seen their orders and revenues drop immediately by sometimes 50% driven by the reduction in production of new aircraft.
These companies have had to quickly reduce costs and take advantage of any state support.
However, those with low cash reserves have seen the need to restructure through some form of merger, sale or even some type of insolvency process.
“We wouldn’t have got our first car to the grid without Desktop Engineering’s help.”
F1 Team Principal