Dassault Systèmes’ solutions enable the complete, real-time, spatial simulation of machining paths generated by the post-processor, including the machine’s complete kinematics. Fully integrated in the PLM architecture, this seamless end-to-end solution enables NC programmers to easily switch between tool path definition and tool path validation without losing time due to data transfer or preparation. This eliminates interface issues and drastically increases cost effectiveness.
The simulation of tool paths or the ISO code has become a major factor in controlling the machining process before production starts. It helps reduce machine set-up and idle times, while ensuring the implementation of chosen machining strategies.
Key features include:
- Native 3D simulation.
- Integrated simulation of the ISO code
- Emulation of numerical control controller
- Easy and accurate collision detection
- Synchronized display of ISO code during machine-tool simulation
- Simultaneous machine kinematics and material removal simulation
- Possibility to compare theoretical parts and machined parts using the ISO code
- Use of NC code created outside of CATIA
- This simulation allows:
Integration of the 3D machine environment
Integration of end-tooling and cutting tools
Implementation of the kinematics.