With the completeness of the CATIA product portfolio and the easy-to-use knowledge-based CATIA V5 architecture, CATIA V5 machining solutions exceed the capabilities of all existing machining applications. Some of the highlights include:
- High efficiency in part programming – Thanks to tight integration between tool path definition and computation, tool path verification and output creation the user can boost production quality by machining the right part, first time. Machining operations, supporting multiple passes and levels and automated rework in roughing and finishing ensure a high level of productivity.
- Effective change management – This solution set possesses a high level of associativity between product engineering and manufacturing processes and resources (PPR). Companies can therefore manage concurrent engineering and manufacturing flows better and reduce the design-to-manufacturing cycle time and then saving costs.
- High level of automation and standardisation – By integrating the pervasive knowledgeware capabilities of CATIA V5, machining products allow the capture of skills and reuse of proven manufacturing knowledge and avoids repetition. This also facilitates innovation through shortened test cycles.
- Optimised tool paths and reduced machining time – CATIA V5 machining products offer a wide set of flexible high-speed machining operations. This decreases the time needed to execute shop floor operations, such as concentric roughing, Z-level milling, spiral milling and 5-axis flank contouring.
- Easy to learn and easy-to-use solutions – As a result of an intuitive user interface, users are trained faster and then use the full breadth of CATIA V5.
- Reduced administration costs and skills efforts – CATIA V5 machining solutions can be used as a single system to cover a wide set of integrated applications, such as lathe to 5-axis milling. This allows companies to institute strong, manageable and long-term partnerships with their CATIA CAM supplier.